Normally people do their new year’s resolutions and then within 2-3months, they disappear into the ether until the next new year resolution list is compiled. This year I want to set out my new year’s resolutions on my Blog. By doing so they are publicly available, showing a commitment to myself and my followers for what I am aiming to do over the next 12months.
Firstly, I think its worthwhile recapping my top 5 highlights of 2015. I hadn’t created a resolution list but was still quite a successful year.
- Got engaged to my long term partner
- Secured my job as an SA at Kelway (a CDW company)
- Completed a number of vendor accreditations furthering my knowledge
- Finished the Tough Mudder challenge for the 2nd year running, improving my overall fitness and lost a total of 3 stone (19kg)
- Improved my social reach on twitter/linkedin and kickstarted the blog site
As a progression on from my 2015 highlights, my 2016 new year’s resolutions are as follows:
- Complete the Manchester to Blackpool bike ride for The Christie Charity (10th July 2016)
- Obtain my VCDX by the end of 2016
- Write at least 1 blog per month
- Organise at least one end user enablement networking event
- Very much like VMUG, CUCG etc. but with a mix of tech & industry trends, washed down with a good beer or two!
- Take part in at least two community based public speaking events on my specialist area(s)
- Complete my diabetic diary application for IOS
- Complete the construction of my MAME arcade machine
- Ensure the wedding planning is complete (..well my parts)
- Complete the renovation of the house
- Train in the gym or complete a cardio exercise (minimum of 3 days a week)
If you want to help or start a user group for any of the above, feel free to give me a shout.
Happy New Year to you all, wish you all the best for 2016.
Please follow and like: